In celebration of my 29th birthday last week, I thought it would be fun to share 29 fun facts that you may or may not know about me. I love learning a little more about the people behind some of my favourite blogs so I hope you enjoy reading my little list below too!
29 fun facts about me:
1. I have an intolerance to mushrooms. I get horrible stomach pains if I eat them so I don’t.
2. I’m a dog person, not a cat person.
3. I’m pretty sure that I have a deviated septum because I can barely breathe through my nose. I should probably get it checked out.
4. My mum and dad wanted to name me ‘Candice’ instead of Rachel but decided against it, realising my nickname would be ‘Candy’. It became my middle name instead. I’m thankful because I hate it!
5. I am afraid of snakes. Original, I know.
6. My first love was Leonardo DiCaprio. Swoon.
7. The first country I visited outside Australia was Fiji with my family when I was 10.
8. I can knit.
9. I’m really uncoordinated. I mean REALLY. You won’t find me on a sporting field or in a Body Step class. These activities end badly.
10. I hate being late. It stresses me out.
11. Coffee and dark chocolate are my weaknesses.
12. I’ve never watched any of the Star Wars movies.
13. I hardly ever wear jewellery and the holes in my ears have closed over completely.
14. I’ve travelled to 25 countries so far.
15. I’m currently doing a travel journalism course with Matador U and am so inspired!
17. I’ve been together with my boyfriend for eight and a half years. I know, a long time, huh? He’s alright I guess.
18. I’ve never ridden a horse but I really want to.
19. I’ve never smoked a full cigarette in my life. I think it’s repulsive.
20. ‘The Labyrinth’ is my favourite childhood movie.
21. I’m a teacher right now but I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
22. I have never broken a bone in my body.
23. I love chilli but detest wasabi.
24. I waste way too much time watching youtube videos about cute dogs.
25. I have no interest in Maths whatsoever. Snooze.
26. I don’t have any tattoos but I haven’t ruled it out.
27. I find it really difficult to sleep on Sunday nights. I get anxious about the week ahead.
28. Even though I hate winter, I once decided to trek the Himalayas in winter. Smart decision that one.
29. I drink peppermint tea every night.
I’d love to get to know you a little better. Tell me a fun fact about yourself in the comments below!