I’m very excited to share with you guys that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
What is a Liebster Award?
This award has its origins in Germany with the word ‘liebster’ meaning ‘favourite’ in English. Essentially, the Liebster Award is a blogging award that is given and awarded by bloggers to one another. It’s such a great way to expand your blogger network and connect with new bloggers over your shared loves of travel and blogging.
Who nominated me?
I’d like to give a huge thanks to Uelito from Flashpacking the World for nominating me for the award.
After you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, you’re asked to :
♥ Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who has nominated you has posted.
♥ Nominate 5 new bloggers for the award
♥ Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
My answers to Flashpacking the World’s questions:
1. What is on top of your bucket list?
A road trip around Iceland is at the top of my bucket list at the moment. I am so keen to see the raw beauty of the landscape. Hopefully I can get there later in the year. What a trip!
2. Which are your three favourite songs on your music player?
My favourite songs either have something to do with travel or remind me of particularly special journeys. My three favourites are:
♥ ‘Ramble On’ by Led Zeppelin
♥ ‘Road Trippin” by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
♥ ‘Come Away With Me’ by Norah Jones
3. What is your favourite travel accessory?
My camera and Macbook Air. I never travel without them.
4. If you would have to spend a day in the body of someone else, who would you pick and why?
Stephen Hawking. What an extraordinary brain to poke around inside of!
5. What is your favourite animal and why?
Elephants because their herds are matriarchal, they are gentle and are very wise.
6. If I would pay you a month in any place in the world, where would you go?
The Galapagos Islands. Could there possibly be a more interesting place to spend a month?
7. North America or South America?
South America. Even though I haven’t been to North America yet, I already feel somewhat familiar with it because of the influence of pop culture. South America would be so much more of an adventure!
8. What are your top 5 countries you would like to visit next?
Iceland, Portugal, Cuba, Morocco, Chile
9. If you were on a deserted island, what would be the 5 items you would bring with you?
If I had some time to pre-plan becoming stranded on a deserted island and pack a bag, I would of course bring:
♥ a hammock
♥ a book
♥ Lucas’ paw paw ointment (because I’m Australian and I can’t live without it)
♥ coffee (because I grew up in the coffee capital of the world)
♥ a boat so I could escape when I become bored enough
10. What is your best travel memory?
Standing on the ‘roof of the world’ in Nepal after trekking for 15 days, coping altitude sickness and shivering through -25 ° Celsius temperatures in the middle of winter. This view made it all so worthwhile! Read more here.
11. What’s your hometown and is it worth a trip?
My hometown is Melbourne and it is most definitely worth a trip! It’s the best city in Australia. Here are 10 of my favourite things to do in Melbourne.
♥ KP — Where in the World
♥ Nikki — Nikki Near and Far
♥ Brooke — Finally My Darling
♥ Melanie — Don’t Forget Snacks
♥ Kaelene — Unlocking Kiki
If you were nominated, here are your questions:
1. What are your travel plans for 2015?
2. Have you ever experienced culture shock on your travels? Tell me more.
3. What is the scariest travel experience you’ve ever had?
4. Share your favourite travel memory.
5. Have you ever become sick whilst travelling? Tell me the story.
6. Have you ever experienced something really confronting on your travels? What was it?
7. Do you prefer to travel with somebody or go solo?
8. What was your biggest travel disappointment? We’ve all had them!
9. What has been your most memorable street food dish?
10. Share a special interaction you’ve had with one of the locals whilst travelling.
11. What is your favourite travel quote?